December/January Sewalong: 2-in-1 Jacket
December’s sew-along is the barn jacket style 2-in-1 Jacket:
About the 2-in-1 Jacket Pattern:
– This coat will keep your little guy nice and warm, and it has the added benefit of being reversible so he can choose how he wants to wear it (moms of picky kids, rejoice)!
– You will need 2 1/4 yards (size 2/3) to 3 yards (size 6/7) to make this jacket, with half the fabric being for the outer part of the jacket and the other half for the reverse side.
– The fabrics recommended for this coat are corduroy or wool for a heavier coat and seersucker, quilting cotton or linen for a lighter option. Another pattern that’s great for all seasons!
– This pattern also calls for medium-weight interfacing, a point turner, 10 buttons or snap sets, hem tape or water-soluble basting tape.
– This is an intermediate level pattern.
This jacket is perfect for Fall and Spring. Thanks so much to Stacey for sewing along for a whole year with the book! Look at her gorgeous red and black jacket:
We hope you’ve enjoyed sewing along with all the patterns from the book. As always, we invite you to share your creations in the Sewing for Boys Flickr pool! Here are some of our favorites that have come out of the barn in time to play: