Those of you in the Southern Hemisphere are probably soaking up the sun right now, while those of us in the northern half of the world are dreaming of those summer days yet to come!
Here’s a little sunshine for your day – a pattern spotlight on “Bobby’s Bathers,” a pattern from Sewing for Boys that’s perfect for swimming trunks or everyday run-around shorts.
About the pattern:
- Bobby’s Bathers is a pair of swim trunks that actually have a customized fit for your little guy. No more one-size-fits all trunks for him!
- This pattern comes in sizes 2/3, 4/5, and 6/7
- Fabric requirements: 1/2 yard to 1 1/8 yards
- Recommended fabrics: waterproof nylon, poly-cotton blend for swim trunks. Make them into regular shorts by using cotton, seersucker, ticking, linen, or cotton shirting.
- You’ll also need thread, Velcro, 1″ wide elastic, lightweight iron-on interfacing, and 1/4″ cording to make these shorts.
A few lovely bloggers have made these shorts and shared them with the world, and we’re delighted to feature them today!
Kristy from Hopeful Threads made a pair that’s just swimmingly cute (sorry, we couldn’t resist that one)!
Just look at this adorable fishy tag she added for that one-of-a-kind touch:
Nicole from LilyBug Designs also made a pair – we’re overwhelmed by the seersucker cuteness!
We love how this simple pattern (it only has two pattern pieces to maneuver!) can become an instant outfit for any occasion. The seersucker is just perfect for Easter, especially with the coordinating cap!
Thanks so much to Kristy and Nicole for sharing their projects with us!
Would you like to be next? Share your photos in the Sewing for Boys Flickr pool whenever you make something from the book, and we just might highlight your projects in our next post!
Posted on February 10, 2014, in Announcements and tagged Bobbys Bathers pattern details, Bobbys bathers pattern review, boys shorts pattern, boys swim trunk pattern, Sewing for Boys patterns. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a Comment.