Mimi’s Boy Suspender Shorts
Today we’re happy to feature the many wonderful variations our Flickr Pool members have made for the Mimi’s Boy Suspender Shorts pattern!
This pattern is one that could walk right off the set of The Sound of Music and carry your little man all around town. Got a little guy who needs a belt, but that makes it tricky for diaper changes or potty training? No problem – this pattern’s here to solve that problem with an adorable pair of shorts that come with their very own, built-in suspenders:
The pattern details:
- High-waist detail adds a vintage touch to this timeless pattern.
- The adjustable buttons mean he’ll be able to wear them for at least two seasons.
- Sizes: 12-18 months to 4/5
- Fabric requirements: 1- 1 1/4 yards
- Fabric suggestions: seersucker, ticking, shirting, quilting cotton, or linen
- To make these shorts you’ll also need coordinating thread, a universal needle, 3/4″ wide buttonhole elastic, 6 buttons, and fusible interfacing.
- This is an intermediate level sewing pattern.
Let’s look at the adorable suspender shorts from our pool!
These adorable baby blues just melt your heart, don’t they? Or maybe it’s the model!
This little guy is ready for adventure, in pants that won’t let him down (or fall down on him)!
We love how this pair is cozy and comfy!
Have you made the Mimi’s Boy Suspender Shorts, or any of the other patterns from Sewing for Boys? If you have, come and share them in our Flickr pool! We might just feature your sewing project next!
Posted on February 7, 2014, in Announcements and tagged boys' sewing patterns, boys' shorts patterns, Mimi's Boy Suspender Shorts pattern, sewing for boys, suspender shorts pattern. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a Comment.