Out on the Town Jacket
Today’s pattern spotlight is the Out on the Town Jacket! This dapper little jacket features a vintage feel with modern comfort for your little gentleman. Make a formal jacket for dining out or a special event, or choose a more casual fabric to make a laid-back afternoon jacket for any day of the year!
The pattern details:
- This is an intermediate level sewing pattern, featuring pieces for the back, fronts, pocket and sleeves.
- The Out on the Town Jacket is sized for 18 months through size 6/7.
- Fabric requirements: 7/8 yard – 1 1/4 yard each for the lining and the outer fabrics
- Fabric recommendations for the outer shell: seersucker, linen, lightweight wool, corduroy
- Fabric recommendations for the lining: muslin, quilting cotton, silk, rayon
- This pattern also requires thread, 3-5 buttons, lightweight fusible interfacing, a fabric marking pen or chalk and water-soluble basting tape.
Let’s take a look at some of the jackets that have made their appearances Out on the Town:
This linen version with chevron lining made the perfect outfit for a wedding:
This plaid adaptation is perfect for those Autumn Back-to-School days:
Made in a fun print, this is the jacket you won’t have to fight him to put on:
Have you made one of these jackets for your little man to wear out on your town? Share it with us in the Sewing for Boys Flickr pool; we’d love to see it!
Posted on February 12, 2014, in Announcements and tagged boys blazer pattern, boys formal jacket pattern, boys jacket pattern, out on the town jacket, Sewing for Boys patterns. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a Comment.