Your little guy will feel like a real man when he gets to wear a robe just like his dad; that’s where the Just Like Dad Flannel Robe pattern comes in! This pattern is designed for two fabrics so the robe will have a comfortable weight and softness and also contrasting lapels and cuffs.
The pattern details:
- This is a beginner-friendly pattern; it has pieces for the fronts, back, sleeves and belt.
- The Just Like Dad robe comes in sizes 2/3 to 6/7.
- Fabric requirements for the main fabric: 1 3/4 yards to 2 1/4 yards
- Fabric requirements for lining: 1 3/4 yards to 2 1/4 yards
- Fabric recommendations: cotton flannel, wool flannel, shot cotton (chambray)
- You’ll also need a universal needle and thread to sew this robe.
Here are some of the fabulous versions of this pattern that have shown up in our Flickr pool:
Three adorable kids for three adorable robes:
A soft and cozy fleece robe:
Punch it up with stripes:
What a roar!
Remember, robes aren’t just for bedtime:
Thanks so much to the fabulous sewists who have contributed to the Sewing for Boys Flickr Pool! Will your project be featured next? Jump right in!