Posted by admin
If you have a kid in your house who likes to build with tiny little plastic bricks, chances are you’re also stepping on those bricks on a regular basis, and possibly also rescuing mini-figures from the mouth of your dog – or your toddler. Put those bricks where they belong and have them ready to go anywhere with your little builder with our Brick Bag Carry-All!
About the Pattern:
- The Brick Bag Carry-All is designed to hold small plastic toy bricks with gathered interior pockets for easy grabbing and building.
- The case also has mini elastic loops to hold tiny little men, aliens, historical figures and animal figures.
- This is an advanced-level sewing pattern.
- To make the bag, you’ll need 1 1/4 yards of fabric for the exterior, 1 yard for the lining, 1/2 yard of interfacing and 1 1/4 yards of webbing for the handles.
- You’ll also need thread, a sewing needle, two 20″ zippers, a package of bias or twill tape, 1/4″ wide elastic, basting tape or zipper tape and cardboard.
- Fabric recommendations: canvas, denim, twill, home-decor weights for the outer shell and quilter’s cotton or flannel for the interlining and pockets.
Here are some of the brick bags that have popped up in our Flickr pool:
Ooh, how fun! A bright and colorful yellow one, perfect for finding your bricks when you drop them into the bag:
Never lose your little guys again:
Do you have a brick-builder in your house? Make up a bag and share it in our Flickr pool – we might just feature your project next!