Today we’re talking art supplies! If your kids are at all interested in coloring, chances are they leave stray crayons and scraps of paper all over the house, right? The To-Go Artist portfolio is here to rescue you – and those art supplies!
About the Pattern:
- The To-Go Artist is a portfolio designed to hold crayons, markers, colored pencils and a pad of paper. It keeps your child’s art supplies organized and ready to go anywhere: a trip to the doctor’s office across town or to Grandma’s house across the country!
- This is an intermediate level sewing pattern.
- You can use your fabric remnants and scraps to make this portfolio in any combination of colors!
- Recommended fabrics: canvas, canvas blends or home decor weights for the outer fabrics and quilter’s cotton for the pockets.
- To make this pattern you’ll also need thread, medium-weight interfacing (if you use quilter’s cotton for the whole thing), Velcro, a universal needle and water-soluble basting tape.
Several sewists have put their own personal spin on this pattern. Let’s check out these lovely snapshots from our Flickr Pool:
This pattern is easy to modify, like this one made a slightly different size according to the fabrics on hand:
This pattern is really for all ages. You can easily make it a little bit more grown-up with guitar fabrics:
We love this peace-full aqua version with modified pockets:
What will you make for YOUR little artist on the go? Come and share your creations in our Sewing for Boys – The Book – Flickr pool!